Culture and Heritage Tourism
TEAM Tourism Consulting offers a wide range of experience of cultural and heritage projects ranging in scope from management plans for specific heritage sites to exploring the impact and potential of large and long-term cultural festivals.
For both heritage and cultural projects, TEAM brings core skills such as desk-based research, community consultation and stakeholder consultation together with more focused expertise at various stages of project development - from feasibility studies and evaluations for new and existing sites, to sympathetic management plans and strategy, to practical operational advice including sustainable visitor management, interpretation and education.
Our Associates can offer a range of skills relevant to the heritage and cultural sectors including:
- Evaluation of existing projects and sites
- Feasibility studies for new environmental, heritage and educational developments
- Strategic planning and strategy development for heritage, recreation and tourism
- Heritage interpretation and education
- Arts and cultural tourism campaign planning and management and arts and cultural strategic marketing and communications planning
- Audience development
- Operating and developing heritage visitor attractions
- Developing cultural events
- Visitor management and services.
TEAM has also partnered with other organisations working in the field of heritage-based tourism. These partners include Oxford Archaeology with whom TEAM has established Heritage and Tourism International - a wide-ranging tourism and heritage consultancy with an international focus. Further details can be found on the Heritage and Tourism International website.
More Information on TEAM's Work
Click on the link at the top of the page to view a complete list of TEAM's projects or, for a list of projects relating specifically to work on Culture and Heritage Tourism, use the link provided here.
Current and Recent Projects
- Research of the Early Christian Heritage of North Down for North Down Borough Council (Northern Ireland).
- Development, management, marketing planning and implementation for the Daming Palace Heritage Park, Xi'an, China.
- Assessing the tourism potential of the Cultural Olympiad for the London Development Agency. TEAM established the expectations and aspirations of the London tourism and creative industries around the Cultural Olympiad through interviews with key stakeholders. We also established links with previous host cities to gain an understanding of the impact that their Cultural Olympiad programme had on their visitor economies in the run up to the Games and the effect it subsequently had on the destination's profile. From these sources we established the capacity of the four year Cultural Olympiad to attract additional visitors (both domestic and international) to London and its cultural attractions and created market intelligence to inform the forward plans of cultural institutions and destinations in London.
- A presentation for the Josep Irla Foundation which explored the diversification of the Catalunya region away from mass sun and sea tourism and towards 'new' tourism, including cultural tourism.