Destination Marketing and Brand Development
TEAM offers rich resources for destinations requiring help to plan and implement their destination marketing. We make available the services of experienced destination consultants and practitioners who have had direct senior management responsibility for planning and implementing marketing programmes and projects at regional, sub-regional and local level. They think creatively, but are firmly grounded in the realities of the marketplace.
More specifically, our practitioner consultants have:
- Extensive experience of creating and working with partnerships of public and private sectors at every level, including those operating at the interfaces between tourism and economic development/ regeneration strategy; and between tourism and the cultural sector.
- A sound understanding of the rapidly evolving tourism marketplace.
- In-depth understanding of the implications of developments in information and communication technologies and the advent of e-business, for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of all aspects of tourism management and marketing.
- Knowledge of the experience of DMOs in many countries through visits to DMO offices in many parts of the world and through past or present membership of international organisations including Destination Marketing Association International, Pacific Asia Travel Association, European Cities Tourism and the International Federation for Information Technology and Tourism.
More Information on TEAM's Work
Click on the link at the top of the page to view a complete list of TEAM’s projects or, for a list of projects relating specifically to Destination Marketing and Brand Development work, use the link provided here.
Current and Recent Projects
- Beijing International Tourism Marketing Strategy for PATA
- North Wales Regional Marketing Framework for the Tourism Partnership North Wales (TPNW).
- TEAM has been re-appointed for another 3 years to deliver Tourism Marketing Services (for the period 2013-2016) for South Oxfordshire District Council.
- A workshop on the evaluation of Tourism Malaysia's Advertising and Promotional Effectiveness on behalf of UNWTO.
- A tourism marketing study for Belize for the Embassy of Belize in Brussels (Belgium).
- The production of the e-Marketing Handbook for Tourism Destinations 2012 Edition, European Travel Commission / World Tourism Organization (TEAM also produced the 2008 Edition).
- Development and Marketing Strategy via Social Media for the Slovenian Tourist Board.
- Publication - "The Best of UNWTO: Policy and Best Practice for the Tourism Industry" for the World Tourism Organisation.