Publications for UNWTO and its partners
World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and Partners
Since 1999, TEAM has been regularly commissioned by the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) and partners to research and produce many major publications. These cover topics such as analysing policies in world tourism, green tourism and a guide on implementing e-marketing.
When undertaking these projects, TEAM typically prepares case studies and gathers relevant information relating to the topic covered in the publications. For ‘green tourism’, TEAM brought together a team of world-renowned experts and institutions from both developed and developing countries to provide a wide-ranging analysis of green tourism issues and examples of best practice.
Over the years, TEAM has produced the following publications for UNWTO and its partners:
- Practical Guide to Destination Management (UNWTO)
- Marketing Tourism Destinations Online (UNWTO)
- Handbook on E-Marketing for Tourism Destinations (UNWTO/ETC) – fully revised and extended version 3.0)
- E-Business for Tourism – Practical Guidelines for Tourism Destinations and Businesses
- Policy and Practice for Global Tourism (UNWTO)
- Handbook on Marketing Transnational Tourism Themes and Routes (UWNTO/ETC).
- Green Tourism (UNWTO/UNEP)
- US Outbound Market Analysis (UNWTO)
The Handbook on E-Marketing for Tourism Destinations (version 3.0 – fully revised and extended version) was written by three of TEAM’s senior associates, each a practitioner and expert in some or all aspects of e-marketing. The new edition is around 500 pages and includes 20 chapters, covering every aspect of destination e-marketing, together with case studies provided by members of UNWTO and ETC and also by destinations identified by TEAM’s experts as examples of best practice.
For the European Travel Commission (ETC), TEAM prepared a comprehensive report about the impact of the changing tourism environment on the work of NTOs, past, present and future – ‘The Changing Tourism Environment and its Impact on the Work of National Tourism Organisations (NTOs)’ (published in 2021).
Access UNWTO Library – here
Access ETC Library – here